MyNikko.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[轉貼] 刮中6400萬元...男子灑錢辭職 樂透45分鐘驚覺看錯!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikko
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: [轉貼] 刮中6400萬元...男子灑錢辭職 樂透45分鐘驚覺看錯! Reply with quote

[轉貼] 刮中6400萬元...男子灑錢辭職 樂透45分鐘驚覺看錯!
http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/061205/17/7lky.html

英國一名男子玩刮刮樂彩券「刮中」100萬英鎊(約6400萬台幣)大獎,樂得在辦公室大肆炫耀,還立刻辭了工作。不過,沒想到,他把中獎號碼看錯了,這下百萬獎金成空,工作也飛了。

英國太陽報5日報導,這名36歲的二手車業務員莫斯里花5英鎊買了一張「24K金刮刮樂」彩券,一看到自己刮中100萬英鎊獎金,立刻跳上辦公桌開心的手舞足蹈,把錢包裡的現金通通拿出來灑,打電話給女朋友報喜,然後馬上訂了一台Aston Martin的高級名車。

沉浸在中獎喜悅的莫斯里還在同事眾目睽睽下,跑去跟老闆麥克‧厄里說,「好好幹活吧,我現在是百萬富翁了!」

但是,鶼筐蔽滿u百萬富翁」只當了45分鐘就夢碎。當他打電話給國家樂透發行局要求領獎,對方說,他把號碼看錯了!「24K金刮刮樂」是刮出與100萬獎金法碼同等重量的法碼就算中獎,莫斯里手上那張的100萬獎金法碼是15公斤重,他把另一個法碼重量16看成15公斤。

莫斯里就像從天堂跌到地獄,他4日說,「我得去求回我的工作...我告訴麥克,我熱愛我的工作,他能否考慮重新僱用我,我是個大笨蛋。」莫斯里求回了工作,但是因為受不了同事們的取笑,幾天後又辭職了,現在到另一家二手車商。

麥克‧厄里說,「當碰上那麼大筆錢時,你就可以看出人們的忠誠度。不過我也替他感到遺憾,因為那個數字真的看起來很像。」

發行樂透的Camelot公司承認,他們接到「非常少數來電」,抱怨5和6數字很像,不過「我們一再建議玩家要重複檢查中獎號碼,再採取任何行動。在我們還沒給你支票前,就先跟老闆說『好好幹活』,不是什麼好主意。」

11月底也有兩名樸茲矛斯少女把16看成15,一度以為自己中了2萬英鎊。

Salesman sunk by mistaken lottery win
http://money.guardian.co.uk/news_/story/0,,1964301,00.html

Press Association
Tuesday December 5, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

A car salesman told his boss he could stick his job after mistakenly believing he had scooped £1m on a scratchcard.
Steve Moseley, 36, misread the numbers on his 24 Karat Gold scratchcard and, thinking he had won, started dancing on his desk.

He threw all his money at colleagues at the used-car dealer, Fortnums in Fareham, Hampshire, and sent one of them out for champagne.

He told his shocked boss he was quitting because he was a millionaire and then called his girlfriend, Theresa Parsons, 27, to share the news. But his celebrations were cut short when he called the National Lottery's claim hotline and was told his numbers were not the winning set.

He had mistaken a 16 for a 15 on the scratchcard and had not matched two 15kg ingots, turning him from an instant millionaire into a jobless car salesman. Mr Moseley, of Gosport, Hampshire, then had to plead with boss Mike Earle for his job back.
He told the Sun newspaper: "I went from thinking I had a million quid to having to beg for my job back. I also had to ring the girlfriend and tell her I was a plonker." The news made him physically sick, he said.

His boss gave him back his job, but he resigned days later.

Mr Moseley's manager, Mr Earle, 22, said: "I don't blame him. I would have done the same, but you see where people's loyalties lie where money is concerned."

Mr Earle said it happened two months ago. "He thought he had won. He was overwhelmed. He jumped on the desk, told someone to buy some champagne, threw his money around the showroom and said that I could stick my job.

"Then he came back a little while later after ringing his girlfriend and realising he hadn't won and asked for his job back."

Mr Earle said he gave Mr Moseley his job back but he left to set up his own garage a couple of weeks ago.

"He did get a bit of, I wouldn't say teasing, but he was called Chris Tarrant for a while," added Mr Earle.

Camelot said it had "very few" calls from people who have misread the numbers on its £5 24 Karat Gold scratchcards.

A Camelot spokesman said: "That's why we write it in words underneath so if anyone is unsure what the numbers read its says FFTN for 15 or SXTN for 16.

"Unfortunately in this case he thought he had won and acted before double checking. We would always advise people before they take any drastic action to give us a call to check the details on the card and confirm whether its a winner or not."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyNikko.com Forum Forum Index -> 文章收藏 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum