MyNikko.com
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Peaceful CPU Forum?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikko
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: A Peaceful CPU Forum?! Reply with quote

There is one very famous CPU collecting forum I am not going to name which. I registered there since it started, but I barely participant in the discussion there.

Collectors, in nature, are competing with each other. The most obvious thing is that there is a rule is that no posting of an on-going auction link is allowed there(the reason is that it reduces the chance of bidding competition). I can see how collectors can help each other by locating/trading surpluses or discussing information. However, I did notice some very annoying things that made doubt about what a collector's forum is really about.

Bragging would be the most annoying thing I cannot really stand. Every once a while, someone would pop up and show his newly found item and started bragging about how rare it is or how cheap he got it off a deal. Even worse, sometimes he would start talking about how rich or how successful his business is going. Interestingly, real classy collectors who own reputable collection never do that. I guess the only thing I can do to make myself better is throw money at my collection quietly.

Racism (more targeted at culture than just race itself) is another annoying issue. Although it is not obvious but it, indeed, exists. I usually am not targeted maybe because my English language skill is passable, but I, indeed, feel sorry for those who got laughed sarcastically.

Anti-racism over-activist is another interesting issue. Of course, that was the result of some European racists but sometimes those "anti-racism over-activists" would go way beyond the topic that eventually blurs the original intention of the post.

Finally, it is those ridiculous trading proposals that almost made me laugh, ... almost. When I try to propose a trade with someone, I would try to not offend him by offering a fair (by my standard) proposal. However, I guess that is not in everyone’s rulebook (I guess that why sometimes they can get some ripped-off deals from someone who is not familiar with the chip-collecting market). I often got some I-cannot-believe-he-just-said-that proposals. Like offering some junk chips for a rare chip in my collection or trying to milk me like a cow when I propose a deal. Of course, I just walk away when those happened (but still pissed).

Of course, after adding those trading disputes, it made the forum almost looks like a war-zone (well, on surface, it looks like peace and quiet on the surface but sparks happen sometimes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyNikko.com Forum Forum Index -> CPU Related All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum